Is anyone trying to change themselves for the better this year? I know a lot of people love to say “new year, new me,” but at least for me when a new year begins it does feel like a fresh start. Sometimes, we all need a blank page to spark up some creativity! In November, I decided to start my fitness journey (probably not the best month to start with the holidays, haha), trying to cut out all the bad food I'm so used to eating and start gaining healthy habits. Now that it’s January, I’ve decided to take on more than just the food that I eat, but EXERCISE. I know, the word that everyone runs away from. But fear not, I have some fun sewing projects that you can do that will bring you one step closer to your health journey!
- Gym Bag: If you are starting to go to the gym, this is the project for you so you can carry all your work out essentials. It’s not the size of a regular duffle bag, it’s more compact just enough to hold those extra clothes, a water bottle, and a towel!
- Headband: Nothing is worse than working out and having your hair sticking to your face! These super cute headbands are definitely a-must!
- Floor Mat: Maybe the gym is not your thing, and you like to work out at home. This floor mat is the project for you, using the green from Esoterra fabric collection to start off your workout on some good, earthy vibes.
- Water Bottle Holder: I find this project best for runners because you can make this bag, put it over your shoulder, and run hands-free! Using the canvas fabric from Sun Kissed, it will last you forever and handle daily usage with its durable cotton.
- Yoga Mat Carrier: This has to be my favorite project, one of the reasons being that the print from Lagom collection is lovely, black and white floral is a great balance between neutral and feminine! Lastly, its multi-use, use for your yoga mat, store your water bottle, and it has a little pocket for any extra small things you would like to carry like car keys or your cell phone.
I hope these projects excite you to start a new fitness journey this year. If you have any fitness accessories you’d like to see made, leave them in the comments below! As always, if you make any of our projects, tag us on social media with the hashtag #artgalleryfabrics, I’d love to see it.
Happy Sewing (and working out!),