Summer has officially started and we are getting ready for it! How about you?
This season of the year is very exciting, because you get to wear awesome comfy clothes. Especially those maxi dresses that make you look beautiful and are super comfortable to wear (it's like you're in pajamas)! Since the weather is getting warmer and warmer each day, I curated 8 garment patterns that I think are great to make for this season. The best thing is that they are simple, comfortable, and will make you look stylish all day! One of the things that I love of summer besides going to the beach, is that you can mix and match bright prints!
1) Let’s start with the sparkle dress. Can you imagine making this dress with Joie de Vivre fabric? It would look AMAZING! Trust me ;). The coolest thing about this dress is that you can find the FREE PATTERN in our website.
2) This tie blouse is perfect for a day at the beach or even a night out with your friends. It’s comfy and it’s perfect for a summer outfit. I would totally use the Playing Pop fabric collection by the AGF studio!
3) The handkerchief skirt is so stylish! You can make it with any of our fabric collections and I would recommend that you use the Knit fabrics so it has that natural wavy look at the bottom. Also, this one is a FREE PATTERN too! you can find it in our website.
4) The crescent skirt is perfect for day or night! Imagine going to a brunch or dinner with your friends wearing this skirt. You will catch everyone’s attention! I would definitely use Coastline Fabrics by Sharon Holland for this one! That sail boat print is perfect for the summer.
5) OMG! that strapless romper is perfection! My favorite thing about this romper is that you will look super fashionable and if you use our knit substrate you will feel like you are wearing pajamas! There’s nothing better than feeling comfy and pretty!
6) Well, this layered maxi dress says it all. It’s simply stunning. Perfect for a sunny summer's day! The best thing about maxi dresses is that they are very versatile! You can use them anytime and pretty much everywhere and you will always look beautiful. This dress was made with Skopelos fabrics by Katarina Roccella and I would definitely make it exactly as it is in the picture because I love those colors!
7) If you are looking for something a little bit dressier, this ruffled cocktail dress is perfect for you! I love how the style of this dress is simple enough to wear casually but unique enough to be worn fancy. For example, here we used Boardwalk delight fabrics by Dana Willard and it makes a perfect beach dress but if you try to make it with the petal picking dense swatch of Lavish fabrics by Katarina Roccella it would definitely become an evening dress that will make you look stunning wherever you go.
8) Last but not least, this waterfall tank made with chalk and paint fabrics by Sew Caroline is a good match for shorts and jeans! It’s simple yet elegant. I can imagine using this tank while running errands during the weekend or even to go to the movies with my friends!
I hope you liked the patterns I chose for you! If you click on the names of each garment it will automatically take you to the website where you can find the pattern!
Let the sewing begin,