Bound To Create The Perfect Bag Challenge.
October 12, 2015
We have another fun challenge for you all, are you ready? We can officially kiss the Summer goodbye and welcome the new season with open arms, and everything that comes with it (Pumpkins on everything, am I right? Yum!) We thought that making a "BAG" challenge would be awesome, because oh, well... you can never have too many and who doesn't love a new bag? (Who's with me girls?!)
So, for this Challenge we want you all to have complete creative liberty, think handbags, clutches, duffel bags, totes, backpacks, even a quilted bag (oooh! That sounds amazing, maybe i'll make one too.) Get ready ladies you are about to have a fabulous bag! (or bags..eekkkk!!) Ultimately, we want to inspired you and other sewists, quilters and DIYers to always keep creating while keeping the handmade tradition alive. We chose the Bound collection by April Rhodes, because we love the artistic message April conveys with brushstrokes, designs and color, making it the perfect collection to transition to the fall season.
How it works: We will make a Pinterest board call "Bound to Create The Perfect Bag" where the projects that are submitted will be posted. We were so thrilled with everybody's involvement on our last challenge that we are going to let the public choose the winners again, but with a twist. This is why you should put your best effort into the project and its presentation. The pictures with the most LIKES (or hearts) will win 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. Here is the twist, projects that are RE-Pinned will receive and extra point. (or heart). Keep in mind that the quality of the photo (styling, lighting and definition) is always a plus.
Deadlines: please read carefully…
- Submissions must be emailed to [email protected] by October 30th to be eligible to compete.
- Public voting will begin on November 2nd
- Winners will be announced November 9th on the AGF Blog 3pm EST
And the moment you been waiting for, THE PRIZES...
- 10 yards of any April Rhodes’s released collections
- 5 Yards Coordinating solids.
- Bound Canvas 2 yards
- Bound Knits (2 prints) 2 yards
- Bound Voile 2 yards
- 4 Patterns by April Rhodes
- Large Aurifil box
- Featured in the AGF blog (+ social media) HOW AWESOME IS THIS???!!! :)
- 5 yards of any April Rhodes’s released collections
- 3 yards coordinating solids.
- Bound Canvas 2 yard
- 2 Patterns by April Rhodes
- Small Aurifil box
- Fat quarter bundle of any April Rhodes’s released collections
- 1 yard of Bound Canvas
- 1 Pattern by April Rhodes
Feel free to share your sneak-peeks on social media using the hash-tags: #BoundChallenge
We hope you're ready to REAP & SEW!
- All fabrics used for your project must be AGF.
- You are welcome to use leather, trims and other textured fabrics. (not print)
- You can mix and match with other AGF prints and\or blenders, but the majority of the fabric in your project should be BOUND.
- Open to those outside U.S