Happy Home Fabrics: X's and O's Table Runner Tutorial
June 17, 2015
Hope you are enjoying our new Happy Home lookbook featuring fabrics by Sew Caroline. Her collection is playful, cheery and include heartwarming prints that are perfect for adding in your home. I was inspired to make a table runner with this collection called X's and O's. This table runner consists of HST's and squares and is a fun project that is fast and easy yet will add a happy mood to any room in your home. Here is what you need to get started!
Fabric A - HAH-14402- 1/8 yd.
Fabric B - HAH- 14408- 1/4 yd.
Fabric C- HAH- 14401- 3/8 yd.
Fabric D- HAH-24402- 1/4 yd.
Fabric E- HAH- 24401- 1/8 yd.
Fabric F- HAH-14409- 1/4 yd.
Fabric G- PE-433- 1/3 yd.
Binding-HAH-14401-Fabric C -(Included) 130” long - 4 strips
Backing-HAH-24405 - 1 1/2 yd. (suggested)
Fourteen (14) 3 3/8” x 3 3/8“ square from Fabrics B,D, and F
Ten (10) 3 3/8” x 3 3/8“ square from Fabrics A,C, and E
Twenty Four (24) 3 3/8” x 3 3/8“ squares from Fabric G
Twelve (12) 3” x 3” squares from Fabric G
To create two half square triangles with Fabric B and Fabric G take 3 3/8” x 3 3/8” square from both fabrics. (Diagram 1.1) Place on top with right sides together! Draw a diagonal line from one corner to the other. Sew on each side of the line you drew at 1 /4”. (Diagram 1.2) Cut on your diagonal line. Press seams open (Diagram 1.3)
You will need a total of the following HST fabric combinations.
-Twelve (12) F/G,B/G, and D/G
-Sixteen (16) E/F,C/D, and A/B
-Four (4) E/G, C/D and A/G
Sew the following rows together following Diagram 2.
1. Sew a 3” x 3 “ square from Fabric G to a B/G HST, to a A/B HST, to another A/B HST to a B/G HST to a 3” x 3” square from Fabric G.
2. Sew a B/G HST to another B/G HST to a A/B HST, to another A/B HST, to a B/G HST to another B/G HST.
3. Sew a A/B HST to another A/B HST, to a A/G HST to another A/G HST to a A/B HST, to another A/B HST.
4. Sew a A/B HST to another A/B HST, to a A/G HST to another A/G HST to a A/B HST, to another A/B HST.
5. Sew a B/G HST to another B/G HST to a A/B HST, to another A/B HST, to a B/G HST to another B/G HST
6. Sew a 3” x 3 “ square from Fabric G to a B/G HST, to a A/B HST, to another A/B HST to a B/G HST to a 3” x 3” square from Fabric G.
Sew row 1-6 together following Diagram 3. You should get a finished block that looks like Diagram 4.Repeat steps in Diagram 1 -3 with the remaining fabric pieces to create two more blocks. Sew three blocks together following the table runner illustration as a guide.
Happy Home Fabrics transforms a room and creates a fun-loving environment that is sure to make for a happy household. For more fun projects please check out the the Happy Home Lookbook!
Til Next Time,