Sugar & Spice Friday - McLuvin Muffins
January 25, 2013
Today we bring you the most delicious muffin's in the WORLD! (okay, maybe not the world but pretty darn close.)
The first time we had these we nearly died from how the cream cheese just made this muffin moist and crumbly and full of goodness. Right then and there we knew we had to share this with the world. So here it goes...
OH! and about the name.. Well if anyone has ever seen Superbad you know what we are talking about. If not, at the bottom of the post I'll give you an idea.
- 1 ½ Cup Blueberries Fresh or Frozen - Note: I like to use frozen and then chop them into quarters
- 1 ½ Cup All Purpose Flour
- ¾ Cup Sugar - Note: I like to bake with all natural sugar alternatives to keep everyone in the offices new year’s resolutions on track.
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/3 Cup Melted Butter
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/3 Cup Milk - Tip: I like to bake with Buttermilk
- ½ Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 8oz Package of Cream Cheese
- ¼ Cup Sugar
- 2 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Line muffin tin with liners
- Mix muffin dry ingredients in large bowl (without the blueberries) combine and cream wet ingredients about 2 minutes. Tip: use a glass measuring cup to heat butter in the microwave in ten second intervals until melted
- Combine cream cheese and sugar in a medium bowl about 2 minutes until creamy. Tip: use a glass measuring cup to heat cream cheese in the microwave in ten second intervals until it begins to get soft
- Fold blueberries into batter just enough to toss blueberries in batter, be sure not to over mix
- Fill liner in muffin tin ¼ of the way with batter
- Spoon 2 teaspoon filling into center of tin
- Cover filling with remaining batter until ¾ full in tin** It is optional to sprinkle brown sugar on the tops of the muffins before baking **
- Bake 17-22 minutes until golden brown
- Remove from oven and place tin onto cooling rack about 10 minutes
- Remove muffins from tin and allow to cool on cooling rack until they reach room temperature.
Enjoy! Leftovers (if there are any) can be kept in the refrigerator and rewarmed before serving
Who could not name some muffins after that face? lol.
Have a great weekend and please let us know if you made the muffins or any other recipie. We love to hear your thoughts on these dishes :)
Til next time,